Unwind in Iceland, considered to be one of the healthiest and happiest countries in the world! Restful surroundings, relaxing geothermal spring water, fresh air, delicious nutritious food, hot tub, spa, mud bath and local hiking. Guided meditation and more, from Rowena Grace, who will be with us in Iceland. Perfect if you’d like a few days tucked away in South Iceland to switch off and treat yourself to some time out. Time to unwind, however you define this: choose steam, spa and sauna or more energetic outdoor walking, hot river and geothermal cooking. Either way, there’s space, fresh air and in this amazing landscape, it’s a wonderful change of scene. Look at the night sky and for the Aurora from the garden or hot tub. Everything taken care of by us so that you can relax and enjoy this rejuvenating break on your own, with a friend or partner.
- Unwind in Geothermal Iceland
- 5 days/4 nights
- Tour Code: WMB0319
- Saturday 16 March to Wednesday 20 March 2019
- Group size maximum of 12
- Journey with Julia
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY March 16
On arrival at Keflavík Airport, we’ll arrange a late afternoon transfer to our cosy countryside accommodation where we settle in for the next four nights. If you’d like to arrive earlier in the day you could visit Reykjavik or relax at the world-famous Blue Lagoon. Our first evening sets the scene in this delightful geothermal retreat with guided meditation, home cooked Icelandic supper and relaxing in the hot tub under the night sky.
DAY 2: A DAY TO UNWIND March 17
It’s Sunday, so time to unwind. This can be a day of doing nothing, very little or less than usual. Start with a delicious nutritious breakfast then guided meditation, maybe geothermal swimming, snow shoeing, local walking, Reiki, crystal healing or a flower and vibrational essence consultation.
DAY 3: GEOTHERMAL SPA DAY or OUTDOOR GEOTHERMAL COOKING, HIKING & SWIMMING March 18
A delicious home prepared breakfast and Rowena’s guided meditation followed by either an indoor geothermal indulgence day (spa, steam, sauna, mud) or a more vigorous outdoor fresh air experience (hike, outdoor hot pot and geothermally cooked lunch). Gather together in the evening for a delicious meal, hot tub or additional treatments with Rowena if you wish.
DAY 4: LEISURELY LAGOON March 19
After a delicious home prepared breakfast, we set off for a geothermal lagoon swim followed by lunch in a geothermal greenhouse. Not to be missed while in Iceland are the dramatic sights of the , so we’ll spend the afternoon at the thundering Gulfoss waterfall and then watch for the steam erupting high into the sky from the geyser, Strokkur. In the evening we’ll walk down to the village for dinner.
DAY 5: DEPARTURE DAY or stay on March 20
Departure day, but before we go there’s time to spend the morning discovering the secrets of Icelandic skyr and visit the local shops. We’ll travel to the airport in the early afternoon to check in for the flight home.
- All transport In Iceland
- Swimming, geothermal lagoon including a towel, hot tub and local walking
- The geothermal spa day package: lunch, spa, swim, sauna, steam and hot tub including a towel and robe
- Skyr mini-factory visit
- Geothermal greenhouse visit, Gulfoss and Geysir sightseeing
- Guided meditation with Rowena
- 4 nights’ accommodation in a countryside guesthouse with hot tub
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 evening meals
- All pre-holiday booking and travel arrangements provided by Iceland Traveller
- Julia and Rowena will be in Iceland with you too so that you can focus on your own relaxation. This is a Journey with Julia
- We arrange your bookings, itinerary and travel vouchers
- Blue Lagoon (arrive early or stay on)
- Additional healing treatments with Rowena
- Reiki, crystal healing or a flower and vibrational essence consultation
- The hot geothermal mud bath (as part of the geothermal spa package)
- In place of the geothermal spa day, choose the outdoor geothermal swimming and cooking package (a supplement is payable for this)
- More time in Iceland!
- Flights to and from Iceland, please contact us for details about booking and costs
- Lunch on arrival and departure day
- There is no single supplement available. The guest house is small so all rooms are shared.
- ATOL package available
- Travel insurance
PRICE per person £1095 (until 30.11.18); £1195 (from 1.12.18)
We are Iceland specialists! For full details of this holiday, more information and to check availability, please contact us here.
Find out more here about Rowena Grace.
Looking for a different style of wellness holiday? Try our flexible Walking and Wellness holidays.