Unwind with us in Iceland, considered to be one of the healthiest and happiest countries in the world! Restful surroundings, relaxing geothermal spring water, fresh air, delicious nutritious food, hot tub, spa, mud bath and local walking. Daily guided meditation and yoga from our two wellbeing professionals Rowena Grace and Kate Woodward, who will be with us in Iceland. Perfect if you’d like a few days tucked away in South Iceland to switch off and treat yourself to some time out. Let yourself unwind, however you define this: steam, spa and sauna, yoga at sunrise or quiet relaxation and a good book. There’s space, fresh air and in this amazing landscape, it’s a wonderful change of scene. Look at the night sky and for the Aurora overhead in the evenings. Everything taken care of by us so that you can relax and enjoy this rejuvenating break on your own, with a friend or partner. This isn’t a retreat and the programme is flexible. We’ll enjoy local food, drink and sightseeing finishing the holiday in Reykjavik with free time and the chance to stay on in Iceland.
- 3 different geothermal lagoon and spa experiences in 3 days
- Professional yoga and guided meditation
- Sightseeing and Reykjavik
- Beautiful local food, freshly prepared and often organic
- Small group ‘Journey with Julia’
- 16 to 20 March 2019
- 5 days/4 nights
- Tour Code: WMB0319
- Group size maximum of 12
- Journey with Julia
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY March 16
On arrival at Keflavík Airport, we’ll arrange a late afternoon private transfer to our countryside accommodation. Our first evening sets the scene in this delightful geothermal setting with a chance to meet everyone, begin our wind down with yoga, breathing and guided meditation. Find out about and try Iceland’s nutritious Skyr, followed by delicious home cooked Icelandic supper and a short walk under the night sky to our accommodation.
DAY 2: YOGA AT SUNRISE March 17
Sunrise in March is at a respectable time, so we’ll begin the day with yoga followed by a healthy breakfast in the Icelandic style of course. Being leisurely is the name of the game, so after some time for relaxation or maybe chakra we’ll walk down to the village and set off for a well earned soak in a geothermal lagoon where we can experiment with in-water meditation.
DAY 3: GEOTHERMAL SPA, STEAM and SAUNA March 18
This is a day that’s all about you! After sunrise yoga we’ll spend the morning with some of Rowena’s guided meditation, perhaps more yoga or another treatment or time to ourselves. We’ll go out for a special geothermal breakfast and then take a walk through a wooded valley for some al fresco meditation.The rest of the day is for indoor geothermal indulgence with spa, steam, sauna and the option for a mud bath too. This will leave us feeling extremely relaxed, though with energy enough for conversation and laughter as we gather together in the evening for supper, and to try today’s daily drink!
DAY 4: SPA, STEAM BREAD and STROKKUR March 19
Even though sunrise is getting earlier every day, it’s not to be missed! This is also true for seeing some of the sights of the famous . There’s a morning spa visit with sauna and optional very cold water experience, followed by lunch and a visit to watch for the steam erupting high into the sky from Iceland’s famous geyser, Strokkur. By this time we’ll have worked out what we all enjoy best for meditation and will include this during the day which ends in Reykjavik in a comfortable central hotel. This will be our last evening together so we’ll have dinner together in Reykjavik during the evening.
DAY 5: FREE TIME IN REYKJAVIK, DEPARTURE DAY or stay on March 20
After breakfast we have time for a walk around this fascinating city and we can try to incorporate the group wish list and find the shops and places of interest to visit that will have come up in conversation over the preceding days. For those returning home, we’ll travel to the airport in the early afternoon to check in for the flight, but for those staying on there’s an evening trip to the Blue Lagoon available or of course we will arrange any other plans that you’d like to make!
- All transport In Iceland
- Swimming and hot tubs at the local outdoor geothermal pool
- Entry to the geothermal lagoon including a towel
- Entry to the spa with geothermal steam baked bread, pool, tubs, steam, sauna and lake including a towel
- The geothermal spa day package: lunch, spa, swim, sauna, steam and hot tub including a towel and robe
- Thingvellir National Park Geysir sightseeing
- Guided meditation with Rowena Swallow
- Yoga with Kate Woodward
- Local walking
- 3 nights’ accommodation in the countryside
- 1 nights’ accommodation in Reykjavik
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 evening meals
- All pre-holiday booking and travel arrangements provided by Iceland Traveller
- Julia, Rowena and Kate will be in Iceland with you too so that you can focus on your own relaxation.
- This is a Journey with Julia
- We arrange your bookings, itinerary and travel vouchers
- The Blue Lagoon
- Additional healing treatments with Rowena
- Reiki, crystal healing or a flower and vibrational essence consultation
- The hot geothermal mud bath (as part of the geothermal spa package)
- More time in Iceland!
- Flights to and from Iceland, please contact us for details about booking and costs
- Lunch on arrival and departure day
- Single supplement in Reykjavik
- There is no single supplement available at the guesthouse. The guest house is small so all rooms are shared.
- ATOL package available
- Travel insurance
PRICE per person £1195
We are Iceland specialists! For full details of this holiday, more information and to check availability, please contact us here.
Find out more here about Rowena Grace.
Find out more here about Kate Woodward
Looking for a different style of wellness holiday? Try our flexible Walking and Wellness holidays.
Note: itineraries are subject to alteration