Every year we take several trips to Iceland to revisit our favourite places, to find new ones and to meet some of our suppliers. This year we are combining a summer visit to the Thorsmork valley with time in South and West Iceland and we’ve decided to take a few extra passengers. We are looking for 2 people who enjoy being outdoors, are good walkers or hikers and are easy going to travel with. This is a trip for you and us to spend time sightseeing and hiking, and with some flexibility to accommodate individual sightseeing requests. After reading the summary of the holiday below, please contact us with the questions that will occur to you both about the plans we have made and ideas that we’ve inspired you with.
WHAT’S THE PLAN?
- 3 days of varied and flexible sightseeing based on South Iceland, West Iceland and the to see many of Iceland’s most popular places – waterfalls, geyser, glaciers and volcanoes
- We love real Iceland, so we’ll stay in local farmhouses and mountain huts
- Snowmobile? Into the Glacier? Horse riding? Swimming? Surfing? There are opportunities to include adventurous activities on the sightseeing days
- Add in spa or lagoon bathing if you wish
- A look-see in Reykjavik and an overnight stay in the city
- 3 days of guided hiking in the beautiful Thorsmork Valley
WHEN and WHAT?
- Departs August 16 for 6 nights
- Very small travel group, 5 maximum
- Fabulous opportunities for photography
- An authentic experience of Iceland with us
- Fun, relaxed, moderately adventurous
- Hiking days will involve walking all day with some climbs and rough terrain
- Hiking distances are not great (about 10km a day)
- The Thorsmork is a stunning glaciated valley and gorge in South Iceland, not easy to reach by car so best travelled on foot
- Imagine rocky river beds, mossy lava boulders, a steep sided gorge, wooded valley and silence!
- We want to capture the summer version of photographs like the winter one below
- Hotel/guesthouse in Reykjavik
- Farmhouse and mountain hut accommodation in the countryside
- Breakfasts and some lunches and dinners included
- Delicious food to accompany the hike
- Price is in the region of £1775 per person depending on choice of activities
- 100% financial protection when booking with Iceland Traveller
- All arrangements taken care of for you by us
- This is an escorted holiday
- An ATOL package (for this holiday if flights are booked by us)
- Flights are not included
- Contact us to find out more or reserve your place
- Find out more about us