An excellent value for money winter break to Iceland combining stays in Reykjavik and out in the countryside. Gain insights in Iceland’s rich culture and history, see the , rugged South Coast, black sand beaches, magnificent waterfalls, hunt for the Aurora and relax at the Blue Lagoon.
Perfect if you prefer to have a professional tour guide on board with everything arranged for you. Travel in comfort by coach on your own or with friends, relax and enjoy the wonders of the Icelandic landscape. This a great way to see all of the main winter highlights of South Iceland without any driving!
5 days/4 nights
Northern Lights Winter Break: Tour Code WT24
Departures: September 2019- April 2020 including Christmas and New Year. Arrive in Iceland on Tuesday or Thursday
Would you prefer something different? More here about Hunting for the Northern Lights
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY
On arrival at Keflavík Airport, we’ll arrange your transfer into Reykjavik and depending on the time of your arrival, we will be happy to suggest some ideas on how to explore Iceland’s capital, perhaps a Northern Light Hunt, an introduction to Iceland, or a great place to eat.
DAY 2: REYKJAVÍK CITY TOUR, THE BLUE LAGOON & REYKJANES PENINSULA
See the highlights of Reykjavik, followed by the contrasting scenery of the Reykjanes Peninsula. Visit mud pools, sulphur springs, wild bird cliffs and fishing villages and relax at the famous Blue Lagoon. Overnight in the countryside, with Northern Lights programme.
DAY 3: SOUTH ICELAND
Waterfalls, glaciers, folk and culture museum and Iceland’s most infamous volcano, Eyjafjallajökull are all features of today. Either add a guided glacier hike to your day or travel on down to the black sand beach, huge columnar basalt cliffs and coastal village of Vik. Overnight in the countryside, with Northern Lights programme.
DAY 4: HORSES AND THE
Visit a geothermal tomato farm that is also the home of some beautiful Icelandic horses, followed by the three key highlights of Iceland’s : Geysir geothermal park and watch Strokkur’s steam eruption, Gullfoss the “Golden Waterfall”, and Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and location of the world’s first parliament. Return to Reykjavik overnight. Why not add a Northern Lights cruise to your last evening in Iceland?
DAY 5 : DEPARTURE DAY
We’ll arrange the transfer from your accommodation to Keflavík Airport depending on your flight time. If you’d like to extend your stay, just ask!
- Arrival & departure airport transfer
- Fully escorted 3-day bus tour with an English-speaking guide
- Maximum group size 40
- 4 nights budget accommodation in rooms with private shower/WC (or upgrade, see below)
- 4 breakfasts
- Entrance, with towel, at the Blue Lagoon
- Entrance to Skógar folk museum and turf houses
- Visit to Icelandic horse stables and geothermal greenhouse
- Northern Lights programme during 2 evenings with a combination of talks, presentations, a film and guided searches for the Northern Lights, plus midnight refreshments
- Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow & ice grippers for shoes and a torch
- We arrange your bookings, itinerary and travel vouchers
- Your pre-travel questions answered
- Your documentation, travel information pack, detailed itinerary and travel vouchers
- 100% financial protection guarantee
- Price per person for winter 2019/2020 departures from £795
- Hotel comfort upgrade in Reykjavik and in the countryside
- An extra day to explore more of Reykjavik
- More time to visit locally or further afield
- Welcome to Iceland: private meet and greet with direct airport transfers
- Please ask us about booking flights and ATOL protection for your holiday
- Guided Glacier Hike on day 3 (pay locally)
- Northern Lights Cruise on day 4 (pay locally)
- Northern Light Hunting by bus or Super-jeep
- More time in Iceland!
- Drinks and meals other than those listed
- Your flights to and from Iceland
- Travel Insurance
- Single room supplement
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
- About the dates and details of this holiday?
- About the special Christmas and New Year departures
- About other similar holidays or the Northern Lights?
- About Iceland Traveller?
- We are Iceland Specialists. For more information and to check availability please contact us here.