Iceland for your small group
Can I take my small group to Iceland?
YES you can, and here’s how.
Out and about in Icelandic nature: what to expect during a typical 4-night stay.
Some of the most amazing things about Iceland are the natural light (even in winter), the differences in temperature, being surrounded by the natural elements of the earth and the scale of the landscape, so why not experience these as much as possible while you are there?
“A very well organised trip, knowledgeable guide and comfortable accommodation. The students really enjoyed it.”
Our Iceland itineraries include time out in the landscape for
- walking and hiking on lava, grassy paths, sand and on ice
- understanding about the local geology above and below ground
- feeling, seeing and appreciating geothermal power in Iceland
- being outside at different times of day, especially to appreciate the night sky
- experiencing the power of ice, rivers and oceans
- meeting and talking to Icelanders, learning about their connection to their country
A typical programme for a small group (usually of 12-15) includes staying the countryside with full board accommodation, and a range of professionally guided outdoor activities and transport in Iceland from arrival to departure. Activities and locations visited include the must-see highlights of a South Iceland trip together with those that are lesser known and best suited to small groups.
- The tectonic plate boundary at the Mid Atlantic Ridge: Thingvellir National Park: Lake Thingvellir: Gulfoss waterfall: Geysir geothermal area and Strokkur
- Sólheimajökull glacier: South Coast beaches: Seljalandsfoss Waterfall: Reykjavik
- Hiking and exploring (with crampons or snow shoes in winter) above and below ground in lava tubes, hot water bathing in outdoor geothermal springs and streams
“Activities were fun and the teachers were nice and relaxed. The best trip I have ever been on!”
We are Iceland specialists working with schools and groups who, like us, believe in the benefits of learning and enrichment through being outdoors and experiencing the landscape.
Curious? Please use this link to share your ideas with us.
- Authentic: combining Icelandic life and culture with its geography, geology and history
- Accessible: as a relevant and appropriate learning experience as well as for those with other physical needs
- Engaging: spend time in Iceland with Icelanders to bring the experience to life!
- Experiential: we focus on experiencing Iceland from outside the bus
- Flexible: join one of our inspection trips to Iceland, see what’s on offer
- Fun: as well as awesome, amazing and empowering
- Guaranteed: Iceland Traveller is a licensed ATOL holder and tour operator. We are a member of the Travel Trust Association, the only UK travel network that guarantees 100% financial protection for consumers. Our public liability insurance covers all of our holidays including all of our groups.
- Safe: Risk assessment and safety are our highest priority. Iceland is an exciting and challenging destination and we make sure that it can be enjoyed to the full but with all the attention to detail needed taken into account at every stage.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
“It was extremely good value for money and one of the most enjoyable holidays I have had. Thank you.”
“Christmas this year was spent in Iceland as a family having a trip of a lifetime – amazing. Our private guide made it so special – she made us feel safe (no mean feat on the icy roads that would be closed in the UK and in an isolated, magical cave in the darkness), comfortable and really special – she did everything to give us the most amazing time, nothing was too much for her and she made it all great fun. We did/saw/experienced everything we expected and more. It was all even better than we could ever have imagined.”
"We were all happy - from 75 to 18 years old - which is rare! Everything had been organised so efficiently that our trip was easy and meant we could enjoy every minute."
"Very powerful to be up on the glacier!"
“A trip of a lifetime! Prior to going, I felt confident about our holiday into the unknown as you were so confident yourself and full of so much information, tips etc. Nothing was too much trouble. Once we were there we had such a brilliant time doing really different activities we’d never tried before and seeing such interesting geographical features in stunning surroundings. The sunrises and sunsets are beautiful.”
"Another superbly well organised trip, we really enjoyed it and so did all the girls."
“Iceland Traveller organised our trip from start to finish and it was truly remarkable. Everything was thought of! We had the most amazing five days in Iceland and I would recommend your company to anyone who wanted to travel there.”
“Thank you very much for the excellent service you provided, we will definitely tell our friends and family about Iceland Traveller.”
“We had a fabulous holiday. Thank you for organising it so well. We loved Iceland and the people. We were warned about a virus that made you addicted to the place and we are!”
"Our favourite day was the guided day - getting off the beaten track and doing something not everyone has done - lying in our own private hot spring."
“As Iceland novices we relied on Julia to put together a four-day package and itinerary for February based on our vaguely expressed preferences. She didn't disappoint. There was just the correct mix of travel, sightseeing, fabulous accommodation and great dining. Couldn't ask for more. The trip went like clockwork, from being greeted at the airport and taken to the Blue Lagoon, to the hire car delivered to our hotel in Reykjavik, to the restaurant bookings, to the glacier walk ...... etc. We had a wonderful time and can heartily recommend Iceland and Iceland Traveller. We will definitely be back for more."
“Brilliant adventure and highly recommended. Travellers must be prepared to change activities depending on ambient weather!”
"It was an incredible holiday. I really feel like if I never get the chance to go to Iceland again I have actually "seen" a part of Iceland."
“The six of us were welcomed by our guide at the airport. We were impressed with the itinerary, both the fantastic craft activities and the quantity of things we did, we did not waste a moment. We had a great guide, she is experienced and listened to what we wanted to do, she was also great company.”
“We had a fantastic time in Iceland and we thoroughly enjoyed all the tours you kindly organised for us. What an amazing place, the transfer driver was right – we have caught the Iceland virus and will definitely go back at some point!!” We loved it, a weekend was just too short.”