FAQ: Can I take my small group to Iceland?
YES you can, and here’s how.
Some of the most amazing things about Iceland are the natural light (even in winter), the differences in temperature, being surrounded by the natural elements of the earth and the scale of the landscape, so why not experience these as much as possible while you are there?
“A very well organised trip, knowledgeable guide and comfortable accommodation. The students really enjoyed it.”
Our Iceland itineraries include time out in the landscape for
- walking and hiking on lava, grassy paths, sand and on ice
- understanding about the local geology above and below ground
- feeling, seeing and appreciating geothermal power in Iceland
- being outside at different times of day, especially to appreciate the night sky
- experiencing the power of ice, rivers and oceans
- meeting and talking to Icelanders, learning about their connection to their country
A typical programme for a small group (usually of 12-15) includes staying in one countryside hotel with full board accommodation, three full days of activities with Icelandic guides in South Iceland and transport in Iceland from arrival to departure.
Activities and locations visited include the must-see highlights of a South Iceland trip together with those that are lesser known and best suited to small groups:
The tectonic plate boundary at the Mid Atlantic Ridge: Thingvellir National Park: Lake Thingvellir: Gulfoss waterfall: Geysir geothermal area and Strokkur: Sólheimajökull glacier: South Coast beaches: Seljalandsfoss Waterfall: Reykjavik
“Activities were fun and the teachers were nice and relaxed. The best trip I have ever been on!”
Do contact us with your ideas. We are Iceland specialists working with schools and groups who, like us, believe in the benefits of learning and enrichment through being outdoors and experiencing the landscape.
- Authentic: combining Icelandic life and culture with its geography, geology and history
- Accessible: as a relevant and appropriate learning experience as well as for those with other physical needs
- Engaging: spend time in Iceland with Icelanders to bring the experience to life!
- Experiential: we focus on experiencing Iceland from outside the bus
- Flexible: join one of our inspection trips to Iceland, see what’s on offer
- Fun: as well as awesome, amazing and empowering
- Guaranteed: Iceland Traveller is a licensed ATOL holder and tour operator. We are a member of the Travel Trust Association, the only UK travel network that guarantees 100% financial protection for consumers. Our public liability insurance covers all of our holidays including all of our groups.
- Safe: Risk assessment and safety are our highest priority. Iceland is an exciting and challenging destination and we make sure that it can be enjoyed to the full but with all the attention to detail needed taken into account at every stage.
See more about our school groups
See more about our holidays for uniformed groups