A great price for a holiday that includes the Glacial Lagoon, icebergs, the , rugged South Coast, and Aurora programme. Perfect if you prefer to have a professional tour guide with a maximum group size of 30 on board and everything arranged for you. Travel by coach on your own or with friends, geology, landscapes, photo opportunities and more.
- Aurora and Glacier lagoon
- 5 days/4 nights
- Tour Code: WT2
- September 2018- April 2019 including New Year
- Arrive in Iceland on Sunday
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY
On arrival at Keflavík Airport, we’ll arrange your transfer into Reykjavik and depending on the time of your arrival, we will be happy to suggest some ideas on how to explore Iceland’s capital, perhaps a Northern Light Hunt, an introduction to Iceland, or a great place to eat. There’s a great duty free shop at the airport and the option of a private transfer to Reykjavik too.
DAY 2: THE
Iceland is introduced with a short film about Iceland’s geology, and leave Reykjavik on the classic tour: Geysir geothermal park and watch Strokkur’s steam eruption, Gullfoss the “Golden Waterfall”, and Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and location of the world’s first parliament, plus the Kerið explosion crater. Overnight in the countryside, with Northern Lights programme.
DAY 3: VATNAJOKULL NATIONAL PARK AND GLACIER LAGOON
Travel through stunning and varied south Iceland, glacier and mountain views, outwash plains to the breath-taking Jökulsárlón lagoon complete with stripey icebergs and perhaps some seals. Overnight in the countryside, with Northern Lights programme.
DAY 4: SOUTH COAST
Cross the distinctive Laki lava field, then at the coast near Vik it’s columnar basalt cliffs and black sand underfoot, and after that Seljalandsfoss waterfall that cascades over the cliffs into a beautiful plunge pool. Arrive back in Reykjavik for an overnight stay.
DAY 5 : DEPARTURE DAY
We’ll arrange the transfer from your accommodation to Keflavík Airport depending on your flight time. If you’d like to extend your stay, just ask!
- Arrival & departure airport transfer
- Fully escorted 3-day bus tour with an English-speaking guide
- 4 nights simple tourist class and cottage accommodation in rooms with private shower/WC
- 4 breakfasts
- 2×2 course dinner and 2 x midnight refreshments (day 2 and 3)
- Entrance to Kerið volcano crater
- Entrance to multimedia presentation (day 2)
- Northern Lights programme during 2 evenings with a combination of talks, presentations, a film and guided searches for the Northern Lights, plus midnight refreshments
- Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow & ice grippers for shoes and a torch
- We arrange your bookings, itinerary and travel vouchers
WHY NOT ADD THESE?
- Northern Lights Cruise on day 4 (pay locally)
- Northern Light Hunting by bus or Super-jeep
- Blue Lagoon on arrival or departure day
- More time in Iceland!
- Your flights to and from Iceland
- ATOL package available
- Travel insurance
- Evening meals in Reykjavik
PRICE per person from £1030 excluding flights
We are Iceland specialists! For more information and to check availability, please contact us here.